Monday, February 25, 2008

Funny stuff

So it must be the full moon, early spring and something else I can't quite put my finger on because I am getting the weirdest issues at work this week. First was the regular patron who came in and sat down at a table already occupied by a studying student. The student came to me and asked if I would have the other patron move as the student was doing school work and was being disrupted by the regular patrons loud phone conversation. Upon asking VERY POLITELY if the intruding patron would move, I was called racist and told that the FBI would be checking up on me.
Second fun incident: I woke a sleeping patron to give her a copy of the library rules and explain that she could not sleep in the library. Patron's response "What kind of library is this?" before storming off...
I can't help but laugh at both incidents because they are so typical of our patron base. Working downtown in a large public library has it's moments of genuine weirdness and this is shaping up to be the week for them.
I also ran across a couple of neat library memes that I will probably be participating in soon. I have some great ideas for both of them.

No comments: