Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Final week of Learn 2.0

Found interesting podcasts this week, especially the one on NPR which had the best "Car Talk" call of the week. The unfortunate thing I did discover with many of the Yahoo podcasts is how outdated they were. For example, the technology and beer podcast hasn't been updated since 2005, yet shows on the first page of available podcasts. Since I'm looking for more recent information, I suspect I will have to go outside of Yahoo to find relevant podcasts.
The other interesting thing I've come across is that podcasting is like blogging - anyone can do it and finding relevant information to your liking seems to require reference librarian skills... In other words there's a lot of trivial stuff out there and finding something you can really get into will probably take more effort than many people can be bothered with. Perhaps I should open a host site for good podcasts....

No comments: